Sunday, September 22, 2002

A journey of a thousand miles begins

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - Chinese proverb

This blog was created out of frustration. For the past 10 years, I've been stuck in class B (1600-1799), with a current USCF rating of 1669. My chess career has been sporadic, consisting of long periods of inactivity mixed with infrequent tournament play and even more infrequent periods of chess study. I have a chess library of over 300+ volumes, most of which are mint and unread. The ones that aren't mint were likely purchased at used bookshops.

I'm tired of inconsistent chess results. I'm tired of superficial thinking, fostered by years of blitz play. I'm tired of chess mediocrity. This blog will document my journey on the road to Chess Master.

No comments: